What is it?
Our Principles of Manual Handling Course is a nationally recognised, Ofqual regulated qualification accredited by Aofaq Awards.
This means that you can be rest assured that your Principles of Manual Handling Course fulfils the legal requirements and is a very good way to make sure you and your employees are trained in the principles of Manual Handling.
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in Manual Handling
What will I learn?
• Common manual handling injuries
• Manual handling laws
• Responsibilities of employers and employees
• Manual handling risk assessments
• Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
• Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
•Theory of safe manual handling principles, including:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
Accredited, Ofqual regulated qualification